- All Ministries or Government Agencies intending to purchase or sell real property are required to refer to JPPH for an opinion of value of the property.
- The function of JPPH is to determine the fair and reasonable market value of the property to be purchased, sold or disposed off by the Ministries and Government Agencies.
ROLE OF THE VALUATION AND PROPERTY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (JPPH)
- To carry out valuation of the property identified for the purchase/ sale by the Ministries or Government Agencies.
- A committee member of Jawatankuasa Rundingan Harga set up at Ministerial or Departmental level to negotiate the price, terms and conditions of the purchase.
- Procedures for the purchase of real property are set out in Surat Pekeliling Perbendaharaan No. 11, Tahun 2007.
- Property Acquisition Guidelines, Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department with effect from 1 March 2014.
THE INFORMATION REQUIRED BY JPPH FOR SUCH VALUATION INCLUDES :
- Land Title and details of the real property intended for purchase/sale.
- Detailed building plans and specifications.
- Other items included in the purchase/sale and
- Letter of offer by the vendor/purchaser.