VALUATION FOR GOVERNMENT HOUSING LOAN
- Government servants are entitled for government housing loans. This facility also extends to employees of Statutory Bodies and Local Authorities.
- The amount of loan approved is based on the loan eligibility/ house price/ amount applied/ outstanding bank loan/ market value, whichever is the lower.
- For the First Housing Loan : The monthly installment does not exceed 60% of the basic salary and fixed allowance, and the amount of debt does not exceed 80% of net income. Net income for all borrowers are at least 20% of the gross income.
- For the Second Housing Loan : The monthly installment does not exceed 50% of the basic salary and fixed allowance, and the amount of debt does not exceed 80% of net income. Net income for all borrowers are at least 20% of the gross income.
ROLE OF THE VALUATION AND PROPERTY SERVICES DEPARTMENT (JPPH)
JPPH provides valuation services to Housing Loan Division (HLD) of the Treasury:
- Determine the market value of the property for the purpose housing loan and fire insurance.
- Verify the construction stage of the property for the purpose of progress payment.
- Certify the completion of additional/ renovation work for progress payment.
- Determine the market value of the property purchased through the government housing loan for Civil Suits (auctions).
TYPES OF HOUSING LOAN
There are seven (7) types of housing loan as follows:
- Progress payments are only applicable to Housing Loans Types II,III,VI and VII. Payment will be made based on the work/construction progress.
- The applicant must submit to JPPH a claim on the progress/completion of work and a copy to HLD for further action. The progress of work has to be inspected and verified before the payment can be recommended
SECOND HOUSING LOAN
- Applicant has settled their first housing loan
- The applicant for a second housing loan is not entitled to apply Type VII.
HOUSING LOAN FOR ADDITIONAL WORKS/RENOVATION
- Cost of additional works should be valued by JPPH
- The application for additional works must be submitted together with the application for housing loan.
- Application for renovation purposes are only allowed after (5) years from date of approval for Type I and IV.
- Application for renovation loan can only be approved for houses purchased by government housing loan and the building plan has to be approved by the Local Authority. (Renovation work allowed is limited to the extension of building area only)
- Application for renovation loan must be made using Form 9- Amended.
- The loan approval is subject to condition laid down by HLD
PAYMENT FOR ADDITIONAL WORKS/RENOVATION
- The applicant must send a letter to JPPH and a copy to HLD to inform the progress/ completion of the additional works/renovation.
- The letter of claim for progress must be made using Form 9-Ammenmend and certified by the contractor and applicant.
- The additional works/renovation will be inspected and verified by JPPH before recommended is made to the HLD for payment.
SUBMISSION TO JPPH
- Applicants must complete 2 sets of application forms for HLD and JPPH respectively.
- For valuation application to JPPH, the application must submit the following documents: –
- Complete application form
- Letter from the Head of Department.
- A copy of title;
- Copy of Sale and Purchase Agreement; and
- Copy of Floor Plan / Building Plan
- Application forms must be submitted to the JPPH branch where the property is JPPH will carry out the valuation and submit the valuation report via email to HLD
- No fee is charged if the applicant is a government servant.
- However, for employees of Statutory Bodies and Local Authorities applying housing loans other than government housing loans,fee will be charges
Valuation for housing loans will be completed within eight(8) days working day upon receipt by the office
The applicant may enquire the status of the valuation via http://www.jpph.gov.my by key in the applicant’s IC number and/or sms type JPPH <space>PINJAMAN<space> I.C. No.<space> Email and send to 15888