Roles of JPPH Malaysia are :
- To carry out valuation for the Federal Government, State Government, Local Authority and Statutory Bodies.
- A committee member of the Jawatankuasa Ruang Pejabat (JRP), Prime Minister Department to approve the rental of office space of privately owned premises to be rented or occupied by the Ministries or Government Agencies.
- To negotiate the rental value, terms and conditions of tenancy/ lease with property owners.
Rental and lease cases handled by JPPH Malaysia include :
- Office rental of privately owned premises by Federal Department. It is governed by the rules specified in the Surat Pekeliling Am Bilangan 3, Tahun 2011.
- Rental/ Lease of Federal land (which was acquired through land acquisition process and not in use/undeveloped). It is administered by the rules set out in the Pekeliling Perbendaharaan Bil. 2, Tahun 1987.
- Rental/ Lease of vacant land (not in use) owned by the Federal Land Commissioner. It is provided under Section 4, Federal Land Commissioner Act 1957 and Section 223 of the National Land Code, 1965.
- Rental/ Lease of lands, buildings, equipment, etc. to the Federal Government, State Government, Local Authority and Statutory Bodies.